For GEMS families, students and open to our wider community.
Courses throughout the year
The World Language Learning Centre is situated on the GEMS World Academy Switzerland campus in Etoy. The centre is not only available to students enrolled at the school and their parents, but also students and adults from the wider Vaud community.
The World Language Learning Centre offers an exciting and innovative range of after-school and evening classes for children (aged 6+) and adults, throughout the year.Children from the age of 4 can also join our Summer Language in Action programme (details on the Summer Programme will be available early 2017).
Cambridge English examinations
LAMDA Communication examinations
|Dutch||Certificaat Nederlands als Vreemde Taal|
- Over 100 years of experience and expertise
- Part of the University of Cambridge, an institution with an international reputation for excellence in research and teaching More than 3 million candidates every year.
Choose the right exam to reach your goal as a language learner. Many exams are accepted for visa and study purposes in countries such as Australia, USA and Canada as well as the UK Cambridge English exams are recognised globally by over 20,000 universities, employers and governments
All exams cover the four skills – listening, speaking, reading and writing and assess real-life English skills.
Why London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts examinations in English-communication?
- The oldest drama school in the United Kingdom, founded in 1861. LAMDA has offered practical examinations in communication and performance subjects for 130 years
- High standard in Communications and Performance
- A rich alumni of first-class actors
- LAMDA examinations improve communication skills, increase self-confidence and public speaking capability
- Examination success qualifies for UCAS points for university entry
Intensive and bespoke courses
We’ll also offer intensive courses and workshops throughout 2016, including creative writing and language and cookery workshops in French, Italian, Spanish, German and Mandarin.
In addition, we’re able to create bespoke courses for the business community to meet the specific needs of a particular company and its employees. find out more by clicking here.
The benefits of learning a new language
- Develop personally, professionally and socially
- Open up new opportunities and perspectives
- Express yourself confidently and clearly at home and abroad
- Obtain the tools and confidence to thrive in a multi-lingual society
- Enhance educational development and thinking abilities
- Active hands-on learning from day one
- Small personal teaching groups – a maximum of ten students
- Individual classes • Qualified and experienced native speaker teachers
- Classes offered during evening and after-school hours during the academic year
- Class duration usually scheduled for 60, 90 or 120 minutes per week
- Internationally-recognised qualifications
Which level am I?
By using the Council of Europe language assessment grid, you will be able to determine your linguistic level.
- Download the English assessment grid here
- Download the French assessment grid here
- Download the German assessment grid here
- Download the Italian assessment grid here
If you would like to find out more about your language level expertise, try these online tests.
What were your results?
- A1 = Beginner
- A2/Lower B1 = Pre-Intermediate
- Higher B1/B2 = Intermediate
- C1/C2 = Advanced
Learn more about our personalised and accredited language classes for GEMS students, their families and the Vaud community.
Our World Language Learning Centre was a finalist in the 2015 global Cambridge English Language Assessment Awards for Preparation Centres.
‘And now, the weather…’ Watch the daily weather report from our Grade 4-5 Anglophone French Class. A great, practical and interactive way to learn a new language.